Thursday, March 3, 2011

The wonders and glories of a good author never end.

"It was worth blood and fear of death to see her fall in love with him. Just a little. Just the first faint breath of love, so light she probably didn't notice it herself. It wasn't dramatic, like some bolt of lightning with a crack of thunder following. It was more like when flint strikes steel and the spark fades almost too fast for you to see. But still, you know it's there, almost where you can't see, kindling."

Patrick Rothfuss

I've been reading The Wise Man's Fear all of today and the power of his written word keeps stealthily striking at me. Truly the power of gods is within the words we write down onto the simple paper page.

1 comment:

  1. I have read and re-read the first line of the passage you have quoted I can't tell you how many times.

    I am wondering about the nature of that kind of love and what a wise man can fear. It is good to wonder these things.

    Just as your taste in music opened doors for me, so does your taste in literature. I will look into the works of Patrick Rothfuss.

    Thannks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete